How to Make Money In EVE Online (On A Trial Account)
Steps to making money in the first seven days of a trial account:
1. Do tutorial missions. If you’ve never played EVE before, do the tutorial.
2. Take the equipment and ships you get in the tutorial missions as far as you can before buying a new one.
3. Don’t buy anything unless you have to.
4. If you’ve got some spare time, go to a low sec (0.4 or s0) and look around for player wrecks, sometimes you get lucky and find various T2 mods.
5. Combat missions. They are the most effective if you look at it as an ISK/Hour sort of thing, as ransoms and loot can add up nicely.
6. Alternatively, buy a destroyer and some cargo expanders, and the mine for 30 or so hours.
7. Actually use the market – instead of just selling whenever whatever, actually post sell orders.
8. HIGH RISK LOW PAY: Become a pirate. If you get lucky you’ll stumble upon the one guy who forgot to fit stabs, and get a nice ransom out of him. Hard though, and probably won’t pay very much.
SKILLS TO TRAIN:
Forget learning skills, they don’t matter for making money. You want to be able to do the most with what you’ve got, so train upgrades related to what you can do. If you still haven’t made a character, go the most combat heavy route (I know the goonswarm/fleet/whatever wiki has some good guides) because that’ll make it easy to profit right off the bat.
Train skills such as Afterburner and Navigation to at least three. Train “Trade” to at least three as well, the extra orders really help. Train up the various upgrades (hull, energy, weapons) so that you can get the most out of a 30,000 ISK frigate. Wait until you have about 3mill ISK before buying and training destroyers, they aren’t THAT important. Try to train skills you already have, but if you must make sure to buy the cheapest ones. I don’t care if you have to go 10 jumps or whatever, but since you’re trying to make the most profit in the least time, saving 100,000 ISK by taking a 10 minute long trip which, had you not taken it, would have made you 45,000 ISK from mining or whatever is not good.
Make lots of money in very little time. To do this, you’ve got to find areas that not only have supplies and ships, but good hunting grounds/missioning grounds as well as a fairly close by trading hub. I’d suggest hanging out in the New Caldari/Jita region, but FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS GOOD AND HOLY, stay the hell out of Jita. You’ll loose far more time and far more ISK/Hour than you’d make, even if the deal is totally sweet. If you really need something you can only buy in Jita, find out who is selling it and convo/EVEmail them and see if they’ll bring it out to you.
More “complete” guide will be posted, possibly on the EVE forums, under my (gasp!) main character after the contest.